So, I’ve been tossing around this idea in my head for a couple of weeks,
and I need some honest opinions on the matter…
It all started when some friends of mine decided to pursue a business
selling jewelry through Facebook. You can check them out at A Tad Monroe. If you follow me on Facebook I’m
sure you’re aware of them by now. They are two of my dearest friends and they
are doing a fabulous job finding some amazing jewelry!
Anyway – I guess I’ll just spit it out – I want to start a blog. Yes,
this is a blog… bare with me. I want one that is all about the things I
absolutely love to do. Don’t get me wrong, love my kiddos – but I want
something more focused on the hobbies I’ve fallen in love with.
·
I absolutely love to cook – very much inspired by Pioneer
Woman.

·
I will use any excuse to craft – thank you Pinterest for
making me feel guilty for not doing even a fraction of what I pin.
·
I absolutely love to plan a party. My sister is the real
genius on this subject, but I’ve learned a thing or two over the years. And let
me tell you – we can stretch a budget with the best of them and still make it
blogworthy.

I’m loving this idea for a backdrop at Jax’s birthday party
·
I’m a couponer. Microsoft Word doesn’t think that’s a
word, but whatever. I love to share the really great deals I find. Who couldn’t
use a little help in the savings department?
·
I’m also developing an eye for fashion. A little late – I
confess. I really didn’t start caring about clothes, make-up and accessories
until after Jax was born. After I got those killer breastfeeding boobs and saw
what they did to a v-neck t-shirt, all of the sudden clothes were a lot more
fun.

Yes, its your basic black-khaki-blue jean… I’ll try to step it up a little.
·
And yes, of course – there will be chronicles of
motherhood – because, let’s be honest, it kinda consumes my life these days.
So, it doesn’t take a two second Google search to know there are a
million blogs already out there with this same premise.
And obviously – a blog is no fun if nobody reads it and you don’t get to
comment back and forth.
So, what’s my niche, what’s my hook?? That’s where I need some help.
What would make you read one blog rather than another?

Go for it!!! You know I will support you girl. and thre is nothing boring about Khaki, black and denm, the word is "classic"!!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI'll send you the "book" my PR friend wrote for me to get started on my blog...she has some good tips! do it! it's easier than you think; more therapeutic than we give it credit for; and could potentially make a (small) amount of moolah. (And I mean small, but still!)
ReplyDeleteYour niche?? Hmmm...my PR friend did suggest one strong focus, but who's to say you can't do it all? We can re-work your blog to have tabs/sections for each category.
Again, Nike. Just Do It.
And sorry about the delete above...I was mixing business and pleasure, LOL.
ReplyDelete