Pages

Thursday, September 06, 2012

Kroger Saving! Big Time!

 
Want to know how I got $108 in groceries at Kroger for $8...  I'll be happy to share! First let me tell you - this is not my genius... I got all my learning and ideas from two place...
 
 
 
These people do this for a living. I have a job - so I just mooch off of their ideas!
 
Item Name No of Items Sale Price Coupon per item Kroger Buy 10 save $5 Catalina per item Special  Price Before Catalina Price After Catalina Price Per Item Savings Catalina Total Manu Coupon Total Kroger Savings Total
Kraft Singles 2 1.99 0.5 0.5 1    $   1.98  $      (0.02)  $   (0.01) 101%  $   2.00  $   1.00  $   1.00
Kraft Mayo 1 2.49 1 0.5 1    $   0.99  $      (0.01)  $   (0.01) 100%  $   1.00  $   1.00  $   0.50
Kraft Dressing 4 1.49 0.5 0.5 1    $   1.96  $      (2.04)  $   (0.51) 134%  $   4.00  $   2.00  $   2.00
Kraft Shredded Cheese 8 2.99 0.5 0.5 1    $ 15.92  $        7.92  $    0.99 67%  $   8.00  $   4.00  $   4.00
Velveeta Shells Dinner 1 1.99 1 0 1    $   0.99  $      (0.01)  $   (0.01) 101%  $   1.00  $   1.00  $        -  
Nabisco Bold Wheat Thins 3 1.99 1 0.5 0 1.49  $  (0.02)  $      (0.02)  $   (0.01) 100%  $        -    $   3.00  $   1.50
Powerbar Energy Blasts 10 1 0.2 0.5 0.3    $   0.00  $        0.00  $         -   100%  $   3.00  $   2.00  $   5.00
Capri Sun 2 1.99 1 0.5 0 0  $   0.98  $        0.98 0.49 75%  $        -    $   2.00  $   1.00
Old El Paso Seasoning 4 0.78 0.5 0 0 0  $   1.12  $        1.12 0.28 64%  $        -    $   2.00  $        -  
Johnsonville Sausage 2 5.79 5.79 0 0 0  $        -    $            -   0 1  $        -    $ 11.58  $        -  
               $        -    $            -        $        -    $        -    $        -  
               $        -    $            -        $        -    $        -    $        -  
37  $ 23.92  $        7.92  $ 19.00  $ 29.58  $ 15.00
 
 
This is the first time I have EVER saved this much. It took a little planning and obviously - a spreadsheet. Normally I save atleast 50% but it doesn't take nearly this much planning. 
 
Here is some need to know on how this spreadsheet works.
 
1) Everything is broken down per item so I can calculate individual and total savings.
2) I took advantage of Kroger's buy 10 save $5 deal going on right now
3) Kraft has whats called a catalina that prints out if you buy so many of their items. I bought sixteen kraft items (the items highlighted in green). You can check out the details on Kroger Krazy (link above). I also got a catalina from Powerbar - highlighted in blue.
 
The way these worked is: For buying 10 Kraft Items I got $10 to spend on a future Kroger purchase. For buying 6 more Kraft items I got $6 to spend on a future Kroger purchase. For buying 10 Powerbar items I got $3 to spend on a future Kroger purchase.
 
The catalina's expire. So, If I have time, I check out with the items that are going to print catalinas first, and then use them to pay for my second transaction. That way I don't lose them or forget and then they expire.
 
4) Most of my transactions were pretty straight forward. I had a coupon, plus money back from the buy 10, get $5, and the catalina.
 
For the Wheat thins - I bought three boxes. I had 2 - $1 off one box coupons. I also had a Buy 2 Get 1 Free Coupon. I had to convince the checker this was a legit transactions, she eventually got it. So, I was able to get all three boxes free!
 
I hope that all makes sense and I'd be happy to answer anybody's questions.
 
Just a hint - I follow both of these ladies on facebook. As they post deals I print the coupons and then once or twice a week I go shopping. Remember - the deals are usually associated with a sale going on - so you can't wait too long.
 
 
Come back tomorrow and I'll post how I'm getting cleaning sponges, Glade Air Expression, Dr. Scholl's High Heel Insoles and Jose Ole Chimichanga's (for the hubs) for FREE!
 
post signature

3 comments:

  1. Super impressed!! My question is: how much time did you have to spend initially to get this figured out?
    I prefer HEB. The most I have saved was $45 with in store specials. If I actually used coupons....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had already clipped a lot of the coupons over the last month - mostly for the Kraft items. I sit in bed and browse coupons randomly after the kids go to bed. So, that work had been done and I don't really know how much time. Most of the work was done for me by the Krazy Kroger lady. I built the spreadsheet - which took about 30 minutes, but now its just a matter of entering number... If I can figure out how to post a link to the spreadsheet for you to download I will - that was really the life saver for making sure I had enough items for the Kraft Catalina and the Buy 10 Save $5. I probably spent about an hour getting it organized and figuring it all out yesterday. In my book - $100 an hour is pretty good pay! The deals I'm gonna grab to day - all free - literally took like 5 minutes. I follow these ladies on facebook. When they post something free that I actually want, I just print the coupons from the links they provide and stick them in an envelope. That way I have them ready when I get a chance to run to the store. I organize all of my loose coupons in envelopes. I'll do a post this evening about how that works... Sorry for the long explanation - I just want to encourage everyone to give this a try! Once you get it, its actually a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. now if you could just go to the store for me I'd be set!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are one of my favorite parts of blogging! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.