Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

 A week or so ago I told you guys about an idea I wanted to try from Tatertots and Jello. Well, we did give it a shot and our Sugarplums turned out just as cute and yummy as we had hoped. We laid out our supplies (just baker's chocolate, sprinkles, sucker sticks and marshmallows). The tray the baker's chocolate came in turned out to be perfect for the sprinkles. I didn't have styrofoam to stick them in to dry, and I tried to built my own stand with a cake pan and foil - it didn't work. We just laid them down on their sides on foil. Since they were covered in sprinkles, they didn't stick!

One of the things that I discovered this year (at wal-mart) is the Wilton Chocolate Melter Deluxe. This thing is fantastic for dipping anything in chocolate. If you've ever done it on the stove it can be frustrating and you have to stay at the stove the whole time (probably with your back to all the fun).
 Tada! This was our color scheme. I think they would also be super cute with pink or blue crystal sprinkles for a baby shower!
 While we're talking about crafts - here is another project I copied from Tatertots and Jello. Sidenote: you have to add this blog to your list. "Most" of her stuff I look at and think, "Ya - we can totally do that."

Okay - so these are a gift from Jax to his grandparents - so if you are looking at this and you are a grandparent - practice your surprised face :)

They are actually Christmas Ornaments. Its a canvas that we painted blue and had Jaxson put his handprint on. We just added some embellishment and Tada!
 I'm of the thinking that any plain old gift can be dressed up and turned into something special. These are pictures I have taken that I am giving as gifts. I'm telling you what, the most rewarding part of taking a picture for someone is the emotion they show when they see it. It makes me so happy.

So, I just took card stock and cut it down to match the size of my pictures, wrapped it in ribbon and added a little holiday vinyl lettering I got from Uppercase Living. I already had all of the supplies on hand, it took just a few minutes, and I think it will make the gift that much more special.

I'm  not sure I'll be blogging anything else until after Christmas so,

I hope everyone has a fabulous Christmas!
post signature

1 comment:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE everything about this post! I cannot wait until mom gets her christmas present (silhouette) so we can start being more crafty!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are one of my favorite parts of blogging! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.