Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Nothing a little paint can't fix

 I LOVE old windows and doors. I've wanted to do something with one for a long time now. One of my girlfriends heard me talking about it and called me when she found one. I decided that was my hint that I should just go for it.

Well, it sat in the garage for quite a while waiting for a day where I had the time and the energy to come up with something.

I ended up painting it the same color as the green in our kitchen - after first painting it with black spray paint. Unfortunately, that spray paint was made for plastic and looked awful. Probably a good thing though, since there is not a single room in my house that would match black. 

So Clint hangs it securely on the wall. It stayed that way for quite some time.

 After a successful trip garage sale shopping and having another time/energy day, I finally decorated it. I'm pretty pleased with the results. I have a new "welcom" vinyl coming. That one was a freebie and it doesn't really work (and I hung it crooked).

Either way, this project sparked a series of others that I hope to share as they (finally) get completed.

 As part of this crafting whirlwind of mine, I starting talking about how much I'd love to have a Silhouette/Cricut. Thanks to a wonderful husband and a good sale at Overstock.com. I got one. Its easier to show you what it can do then explain it.... 

So, here are a couple examples:

These are treat bags I made for Jax's class' Thanksgiving Party. (They had peanut butter cookies in them that stained the sacks - we live and we learn)

 It will also cut vinyl. The first day I got it I put these labels on my old canisters. They aren't exactly what I wanted, but they'll do for now. Then I put "bon apetit" on my stove and I love that one.
And this is my first ever furniture redo. I got these two pieces for $1 each at a garage sale. I didn't see a reason not to try. If I totally screwed them up I was out less than the cost of a Starbucks. First I painted them brown - not attractive. So, today I redid them black. They are going to go in my office. The bulletin board will hang above the table as a sort of message center.

The iron piece is a garage sale find from way back. Its been floating around the house forever and I thought it would be great for the office.

 And here are the final projects. Hope you like them as much as I do.

I purchased the knob at hobby lobby for $2. So using spray paint I already had, the table cost $3 and the board cost $1! 






post signature

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!!!! I asked Santa for a Silhouette/Cricut for Christmas this year;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Krystal - I love reading your blog, but it makes me miss you so much!!! When can I see you again???

    ReplyDelete

Comments are one of my favorite parts of blogging! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.