Pages

Friday, March 13, 2009

What i know...

I was meant to be a mom. I thought I would feel a certain way once I was a mom. I thought I would "be" a certain way. Instead I'm just me and I'm a mom. I was afraid I wouldn't be any good at it or I wouldn't like it. I'm just being honest. I never really got excited about babies or kids and I truly had no clue what to do with them. I still don't know much, but I'm getting there. I'm surprised that at the end of a long day I can still get down in the floor and play with Jaxson without feeling the slightest bit tired.

I'm ready for tax season to be over. I haven't had a ton of clients, and I haven't been totally swamped. But I have been busy. Not even close to so busy that I couldn't handle it, just busy. I still have a lot to do - but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I just want to get these returns off my mind. I feel like I'll be able to breath once April 15th has passed.

I'm struggling with the idea of having to find someone/someplace to watch Jaxson. But I know its going to have to happen when he is a little older.

I am super excited about next weekend. And I am super freaked out about next weekend. Next weekend is Girl's Weekend at the Lakehouse with Deedee (our neighbor across the street). I'm thrilled at the idea of being around adults all day and drinking wine and laying on the twin size bed that hangs from the porch - sigh. I'm relaxing just imaging it. I'm freaked out because my baby won't be with me. I'm freaked out because he has never been away from me for more than 7.5 hours - and I drove home like a crazy woman! What if he misses me - needs me - doesn't miss me - doesn't need me??? What if he likes the way Nanny does something more than me. What if he does something new and I miss it. Ugh!!! I can do it, I can do it, I can do it!

I love being a work at home mom. I'm the type of person that can get their job done and work from home. I love getting up at 6, playing with Jax, drinking coffee in my PJ's and working throughout the day at my leisure. I can take a break when I need it and play with my baby any time I want!

Have a great weekend you guys! Tiff - I can't wait to see you tomorrow at the shower!

1 comment:

  1. Yes you were! Girl's weekend-Wow! Stop worrying. Its good to start out remembering to take time for yourself. It really can help you to be a better Mommy if you have a little time for you once in awhile. Hope you have a great time! give Jax a pat for me! love y'all, me

    ReplyDelete

Comments are one of my favorite parts of blogging! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.