Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2009





We are by no means short on toys!
We had a blast playing in the floor this afternoon.
I love that he is starting to enjoy his toys without me having to push all the buttons for him.
Of course, I still sit in the floor and watch him (when I could be getting something done).
He has been a little fussy today and it is definitely wearing me out.
Could be teething, could be a growth spurt, could be the weather.
I know they say you'll wish they couldn't talk once they start, but man, I would love to know whats bugging him sometimes. Or whats making him laugh for that matter.

As we speak I can hear him playing in his crib. I tried to rock him to sleep because he was obviously ready for a nap, but he spent about ten minutes wallering all over me and screaming like I was pinching him (promise I wasn't). Finally I decided to lay him down in his crib and see if he would just give up. Smile. He hollered for a while, then did this "I'm tired of crying but I'm not giving up wimper" for a little while. Know he is talking and sporatically hollering. I'm sure he'll give up here in a minute... or I will go in there and try to rock him asleep again. Who knows.

Lets just say thanks goodness for neighbors. I heard Bennet (the little guy across the street) playing, so we went and joined his mom Deedee and another mom, Michelle. Jax was entertained by the other kids and I got to breath for a second. Sometimes I think he just needs a change of scenery, just like his mom. We both get a little cabin fever sometimes.

Oh - and I survived my first weekend away from him. He spent Friday and Saturday night with Nanny. (Thanks Nanny) It was tough to leave, and I totally wanted to turn around, but I made it to the Girl's Weekend. It was totally worth it. On top of the break, sleeping is going a lot better. Before the break he was waking up like 3 or 4 times a night. Since I got back, he has slept from 8 or 9 til 4 or 5 every night. Quite the improvement.

Well - he is still making noises in there - so I'm gonna give it another go!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are one of my favorite parts of blogging! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.