If you've ever doubted the existence of God... Sign yourself up to watch a birth.
There is no greater miracle.
There is no greater love.
I relish ever second we are together. I cry just thinking about him growing up and no longer being able to hold him when I need to. Right now he needs me for life. He is helpless without the family that has brought him into this world. That burden is a joy for me to carry.
I LOVE being a mom, but not just any mom, HIS mom.
I love that he looks like Clint and he looks like me all at the same time.
I love that I am able to anticipate what he needs, to interpret his cries, and to calm him when no one else can.
I love seeing Clint hold him in his arms. As a matter of fact, I cried everytime for the first few days. Its such an amazing feeling to be able to give a man a child. In our case, a son... and a fishing buddy.
My deep love for him makes me appreciate with new depth the sacrifice that God made sending his son to die for our sins. I don't even want to take Jaxson to get his heal pricked because I don't want him to feel pain. I can't imagine the way God felt making his decision.
I could of course, go on and on...
On the lighter side... to all my girlfriends who are currently or will some day be expecting, I will hold true to form, and tell you the truth about this whole motherhood thing :)
Everyone's labor and delivery experience is definitely different. Within 2 1/2 weeks I had two friends deliver, with much different experiences than my own.
In short... I was in labor (first steady contractions to birth) for about 56 hours. The hospital sent me home twice before they would let me stay. They had good reason, it just wasn't any fun going up there and being turned away.
The first time they gave me a vicatin and an ambien. That combo left me pretty out of it. We went to get Clint's computer from his job site after we left the hospital, and I don't remember a second of it.
The second time they gave me two ambien. I was worse after those than I was with the first set of pills. Clint stopped to get me something to eat on the way home. He unwraps my hamburger and hands it to me. He looks over a second later and its upside down on my stomach - and I am out. I wake up halfway home and accuse him of taking it. Needless to say, I never ate any of it.
By the time we went to the hospital the third time, I was crying at just the thought of them sending me home... and I was pretty close to screaming during the contractions.
Again, this may not be true for everyone's experience, but in retrospect here is how I could tell it was TIME:
First trip to the hospital - walked in smiling and laughing, walked around the hospital for an hour to see if I dialated any
Second Trip to the Hospital - had to stop walking twice to get through a conraction, decided walking was for the birds
Third Trip to the Hospital - Mom had to get a wheel chair, I couldn't walk to labor and delivery
However, once you are admitted - request drugs in your IV - best decision I ever made. It doesn't completely eliminate the contractions, but it does make them less painful and tolerable until the epidural arrives. Once the epi is administered... relax and sleep, you're probably going to need the strength.
I was admitted into the hospital at a 4, and it took me 16 hours to get to a 10.
I pushed for 30-45 minutes.
Jaxson was born at 1:20pm.
He weighed 8 lbs 3 oz
He was 20.5 inches long
When we left the hospital he weight 7 lbs 15 oz, and at his first doctor's appointment the following Wednesday he weight 7 lbs 10 oz. At his appointment on Tuesday of this week he was back up to 8 lbs 4 oz. Because I'm breastfeeding, its really hard to tell how much food they are getting, and there are so many conflicting views on how often to feed. I finally settled on "never wake a sleeping baby," but I say do whatever your instincts tell you. Your the momma. Anyway, I was super excited to see that he had gained back the weight! Gold Star for Mom.
He is such a good baby. For the most part he sleeps anywhere from three to five hours at a time. He only gets fussy every now and then, but who doesn't. Even in the middle of the night when he won't go to sleep, I don't mind, I just remind myself that someday he'll be too big for me to hold.
Well, I guess thats enough for today. Jax should be waking up soon, and he's gonna be hungry - so I better go. Love y'all!
There is no greater miracle.
There is no greater love.
I relish ever second we are together. I cry just thinking about him growing up and no longer being able to hold him when I need to. Right now he needs me for life. He is helpless without the family that has brought him into this world. That burden is a joy for me to carry.
I LOVE being a mom, but not just any mom, HIS mom.
I love that he looks like Clint and he looks like me all at the same time.
I love that I am able to anticipate what he needs, to interpret his cries, and to calm him when no one else can.
I love seeing Clint hold him in his arms. As a matter of fact, I cried everytime for the first few days. Its such an amazing feeling to be able to give a man a child. In our case, a son... and a fishing buddy.
My deep love for him makes me appreciate with new depth the sacrifice that God made sending his son to die for our sins. I don't even want to take Jaxson to get his heal pricked because I don't want him to feel pain. I can't imagine the way God felt making his decision.
I could of course, go on and on...
On the lighter side... to all my girlfriends who are currently or will some day be expecting, I will hold true to form, and tell you the truth about this whole motherhood thing :)
Everyone's labor and delivery experience is definitely different. Within 2 1/2 weeks I had two friends deliver, with much different experiences than my own.
In short... I was in labor (first steady contractions to birth) for about 56 hours. The hospital sent me home twice before they would let me stay. They had good reason, it just wasn't any fun going up there and being turned away.
The first time they gave me a vicatin and an ambien. That combo left me pretty out of it. We went to get Clint's computer from his job site after we left the hospital, and I don't remember a second of it.
The second time they gave me two ambien. I was worse after those than I was with the first set of pills. Clint stopped to get me something to eat on the way home. He unwraps my hamburger and hands it to me. He looks over a second later and its upside down on my stomach - and I am out. I wake up halfway home and accuse him of taking it. Needless to say, I never ate any of it.
By the time we went to the hospital the third time, I was crying at just the thought of them sending me home... and I was pretty close to screaming during the contractions.
Again, this may not be true for everyone's experience, but in retrospect here is how I could tell it was TIME:
First trip to the hospital - walked in smiling and laughing, walked around the hospital for an hour to see if I dialated any
Second Trip to the Hospital - had to stop walking twice to get through a conraction, decided walking was for the birds
Third Trip to the Hospital - Mom had to get a wheel chair, I couldn't walk to labor and delivery
However, once you are admitted - request drugs in your IV - best decision I ever made. It doesn't completely eliminate the contractions, but it does make them less painful and tolerable until the epidural arrives. Once the epi is administered... relax and sleep, you're probably going to need the strength.
I was admitted into the hospital at a 4, and it took me 16 hours to get to a 10.
I pushed for 30-45 minutes.
Jaxson was born at 1:20pm.
He weighed 8 lbs 3 oz
He was 20.5 inches long
When we left the hospital he weight 7 lbs 15 oz, and at his first doctor's appointment the following Wednesday he weight 7 lbs 10 oz. At his appointment on Tuesday of this week he was back up to 8 lbs 4 oz. Because I'm breastfeeding, its really hard to tell how much food they are getting, and there are so many conflicting views on how often to feed. I finally settled on "never wake a sleeping baby," but I say do whatever your instincts tell you. Your the momma. Anyway, I was super excited to see that he had gained back the weight! Gold Star for Mom.
He is such a good baby. For the most part he sleeps anywhere from three to five hours at a time. He only gets fussy every now and then, but who doesn't. Even in the middle of the night when he won't go to sleep, I don't mind, I just remind myself that someday he'll be too big for me to hold.
Well, I guess thats enough for today. Jax should be waking up soon, and he's gonna be hungry - so I better go. Love y'all!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are one of my favorite parts of blogging! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.