What an exciting weekend!
Tiffany Wells is now officially Tiffany Strong!!!
It was a BEAUTIFUL wedding and she was such a GORGEOUS bride! I was way too busy to take pics... but I will try to get some from her when she gets back from their honeymoon.
I am so excited that I can FINALLY share her bridal portraits with everyone. I will work on that tonight... cause they will prolly take a while to load.
We went for mani/pedis Friday morning... Tiff's gift to us.. THANKS!!! I needed that SO bad. I don't think I've been pampered that way in quite some time. I may even try to keep it up, especially now that I can't reach my toes (sigh) The rest of the weekend, until the wedding was an absolute whirlwind! Thankfully my dress fit wonderfully! Um, I did have my first experience with swelling :( After two days on my feet and not a lot of sleep... I was retaining a little water ~ LOL! It made me feel super sluggish and yucky. I stayed in bed/on the couch for most of Sunday. Poor Clint was bored out of his mind! So, I'll have to check with the doc, but regular pedicures couldn't hurt for keeping the swelling down, right?
Her cake was AMAZING! I can't remember the name of the lady that did it, but she decorated it to match the lace on Tiff's dress. I couldn't believe the detail. I hope I can get a pic to show you, because words just don't do it justice.
Now... moving on to the next wedding this summer... MOMS!!! She has finalized the date for July 19th at 2pm at Midway Church of Christ. I can't wait to start planning. We don't have much time, so it will probably be a busy 5 weeks :) I think she is planning on keeping it simple... which is very hard for me to do. She'll have to constrain me a little bit! I just get so excited!
We are going to Canton this coming weekend... so we are hoping to find some neat ideas for the wedding, the baby room, and Sierra's first apartment. What a busy late summer/early fall we are going to have!!! Oh! If anybody knows of any booths that are a "must see" please let me know. We will just be able to shop for about a day and a half... so I don't think we are going to make it to everything.
Oh, one last thing. Clint and I went to Baytown to see his family on Memorial Day for a crawfish boil. On the way back we stopped by Baby's 1st Furniture on I-45 to look at baby furniture. We had pretty much decided we were going to buy something. We have both looked at cribs til we were cross-eyed. We FINALLY found something that was reasonably priced (only b/c it was one that one make a full bed). We were planning on buying a crib, dresser, and glider. We were paying cash and though maybe they would negotiate a lower price with us. At least 10% off or something. Nope, not gonna happen. Store policy..period..no apologies. And it wasn't what the lady said, but how. Okay... then we'll wait on the glider. She goes to work up the final numbers. She brings me the paperwork to finish, then asks me to read and sign this little paragraph (in small print) at the bottom. You know me, I read the small print :) It said we had to pick up the furniture at the distribution center... which is another 45 minutes from our house. They don't even give you the option of having it delivered!! Not even if you are willing to pay for it. What if you just have a car? Do you have to rent a uhaul? Seems a little silly to me. Maybe not, they've been in business a long time. Lots of folks must be willing to drive. I had already traded her my credit card for the clipboard... I traded her back. Clint told her we would have to look somewhere else. Thank goodness... I was so excited about being done with another big decision, I was delirious. Clint was thinking much clearer. We went on our merry way. We have found another set at JCPenny that we like equally as much.. and they will deliver it!
That was a long "one last thing" but I just wanted to share that bit of knowledge. I hate getting my heart set on something and then having to make the "adult" decision and walk away. If they had just given a little... or been a little nicer about the way they said things. They didn't even try. You know what? It was almost like they were doing us a favor by letting us shop there. Enough... done... won't hear about it again :)
Tiffany Wells is now officially Tiffany Strong!!!
It was a BEAUTIFUL wedding and she was such a GORGEOUS bride! I was way too busy to take pics... but I will try to get some from her when she gets back from their honeymoon.
I am so excited that I can FINALLY share her bridal portraits with everyone. I will work on that tonight... cause they will prolly take a while to load.
We went for mani/pedis Friday morning... Tiff's gift to us.. THANKS!!! I needed that SO bad. I don't think I've been pampered that way in quite some time. I may even try to keep it up, especially now that I can't reach my toes (sigh) The rest of the weekend, until the wedding was an absolute whirlwind! Thankfully my dress fit wonderfully! Um, I did have my first experience with swelling :( After two days on my feet and not a lot of sleep... I was retaining a little water ~ LOL! It made me feel super sluggish and yucky. I stayed in bed/on the couch for most of Sunday. Poor Clint was bored out of his mind! So, I'll have to check with the doc, but regular pedicures couldn't hurt for keeping the swelling down, right?
Her cake was AMAZING! I can't remember the name of the lady that did it, but she decorated it to match the lace on Tiff's dress. I couldn't believe the detail. I hope I can get a pic to show you, because words just don't do it justice.
Now... moving on to the next wedding this summer... MOMS!!! She has finalized the date for July 19th at 2pm at Midway Church of Christ. I can't wait to start planning. We don't have much time, so it will probably be a busy 5 weeks :) I think she is planning on keeping it simple... which is very hard for me to do. She'll have to constrain me a little bit! I just get so excited!
We are going to Canton this coming weekend... so we are hoping to find some neat ideas for the wedding, the baby room, and Sierra's first apartment. What a busy late summer/early fall we are going to have!!! Oh! If anybody knows of any booths that are a "must see" please let me know. We will just be able to shop for about a day and a half... so I don't think we are going to make it to everything.
Oh, one last thing. Clint and I went to Baytown to see his family on Memorial Day for a crawfish boil. On the way back we stopped by Baby's 1st Furniture on I-45 to look at baby furniture. We had pretty much decided we were going to buy something. We have both looked at cribs til we were cross-eyed. We FINALLY found something that was reasonably priced (only b/c it was one that one make a full bed). We were planning on buying a crib, dresser, and glider. We were paying cash and though maybe they would negotiate a lower price with us. At least 10% off or something. Nope, not gonna happen. Store policy..period..no apologies. And it wasn't what the lady said, but how. Okay... then we'll wait on the glider. She goes to work up the final numbers. She brings me the paperwork to finish, then asks me to read and sign this little paragraph (in small print) at the bottom. You know me, I read the small print :) It said we had to pick up the furniture at the distribution center... which is another 45 minutes from our house. They don't even give you the option of having it delivered!! Not even if you are willing to pay for it. What if you just have a car? Do you have to rent a uhaul? Seems a little silly to me. Maybe not, they've been in business a long time. Lots of folks must be willing to drive. I had already traded her my credit card for the clipboard... I traded her back. Clint told her we would have to look somewhere else. Thank goodness... I was so excited about being done with another big decision, I was delirious. Clint was thinking much clearer. We went on our merry way. We have found another set at JCPenny that we like equally as much.. and they will deliver it!
That was a long "one last thing" but I just wanted to share that bit of knowledge. I hate getting my heart set on something and then having to make the "adult" decision and walk away. If they had just given a little... or been a little nicer about the way they said things. They didn't even try. You know what? It was almost like they were doing us a favor by letting us shop there. Enough... done... won't hear about it again :)

Bless your heart! You and Rach were the two I worried about the most and all you both can say is "Yay for mani/pedi's". You were a trooper! I can't believe you are still excited about planning another wedding in just weeks! You are a glutton for punishment but I know Jana deserves to have her beautiful day!And with your hand in it, it will be amazing!
ReplyDeleteYou go girl! I am proud of you for walking out of that baby place! Let me know if I can help with any thing. Not good at the planning but I can do the work :)We love you, me
Hey! Glad to hear that the wedding went so well! But it does sound like that was just the start - your mom's wedding, Canton, baby decorating - I am tired for you!
ReplyDeleteOh, and I've heard a lot of bad things about baby's first furniture. Sorry they were dumb, but you and Clint will find that perfect crib set really soon! hang in there!!
-Lauren