If I am being honest, my belly originally repulsed me. Years of crunches were now hidden underneath a layer of pudge. But as it has taken shape, and after many conversations with God, I have started to embrace the "pudge" as the home of my first child. Now I see a miracle every time I catch a glimpse in the mirror.
Its quite an honor to know that God has entrusted me to raise one of His children.
It hadn't really struck me that way until this weekend. I spent Friday night with Grandma and Grandpa Boothe in Fairfield. Before dinner, during Grandpa's prayer, he thanked God for letting us use His stuff while we are here on earth (I paraphrase). That struck me as pretty profound. I never really thought of it that way. Of course I had heard preachers discuss it, but no one outside of the pulpit had every said it. Sitting outside after dinner, I realized how that corresponded to the life inside of me. This baby does not belong to Clint and I, God has just blessed us with him/her to raise. Along with that realization, was a glimpse of how much God loves us. I already love and would do anything for our baby, and that is only a miniscule understanding of His love for us.
After the honor faded, the magnitude of the responsibility struck, but thats another blog for another day.
Its quite an honor to know that God has entrusted me to raise one of His children.
It hadn't really struck me that way until this weekend. I spent Friday night with Grandma and Grandpa Boothe in Fairfield. Before dinner, during Grandpa's prayer, he thanked God for letting us use His stuff while we are here on earth (I paraphrase). That struck me as pretty profound. I never really thought of it that way. Of course I had heard preachers discuss it, but no one outside of the pulpit had every said it. Sitting outside after dinner, I realized how that corresponded to the life inside of me. This baby does not belong to Clint and I, God has just blessed us with him/her to raise. Along with that realization, was a glimpse of how much God loves us. I already love and would do anything for our baby, and that is only a miniscule understanding of His love for us.
After the honor faded, the magnitude of the responsibility struck, but thats another blog for another day.

well you can look at it this way.... clint will always have a pudge!!! and you will go back to your beautiful little figure!! love ya!
ReplyDelete